Friday, February 03, 2006

Lake Sonoma Up First!


Man I thought this day would never get here. The day before our first tourney of the year is finally upon us and everything is looking great. We just had our first club meeting of 2006 and boy am I impressed. 22 member showed up without coming only for a point that's dedication, that's awesome. We saw some new faces which is a great feeling right of the bat. Your new president is off to a great start and his board of directors seem determined to make this a great year. We even got John Stangle to become an official board member and Terry Yeh even step up and is now on the BOD. Just today john has been in contact with Minn Kota and has already gotten us 2 trolling motors a new banner and 24 Minn Kota hats for this years State Classic. Speaking of the State Classic we are thinking about having it at M&M campground this year and we will vote at the next few meeting on that subject and personally I'd like to lobby for M&M campground because they are great hosts. I'm picking up our Sonoma trophy's today for the winner tomorrow and I hope you guys like them. The first tourney I went with the wood grain plaques and next we will change to something different. This years State Classic will have the biggest and best raffle of all times I believe and we want to start promoting this event as soon as possible so if you have a place to leave some flyers lets start now. Anyway see everyone bright and early for the kick off of SCBBBC 2006!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello SCBBBC from Al Waeed Iraq. Thank you for the blog input about me..It is appreciated and totally took me by surprise...I will be home in less that 30 days, and then finally back in Sonoma County before the end of October. I hopefully will be able to participate in the November Spring lake tourne, but no promises. I have been all over the map this time around, Starting off in Fallujha, then moving to Al Asad, and now for the last part of my fnal tour, I am sitting on the Syrian border in a small border town called Al Waeed. Not much is happening here, the weather is a lot cooler here in Al Waeed than in Al Asad, it gets to around 90 here during the days instead of the 130 in Al Asad. I am really looking forward to 07 season. I am planning a trip for the trout opener to Spanish Creek (ask scott beem) I want to fish for some record brown trout, and then in the summer, I want to hit the Russian river for a float trip for smallies and bucketmouths. Any takers? I plan to take off of work until the Spring Semester starts, so I will have several free months to fish the windsor ponds and Highland springs if there are any takers who would like to join me...Thank you all, and especially Rich for the support last year when I was here, and this year too... Thank you all again for the support, and see you in the November meeting..

Michael Williams